State Sen. Christine Rolfes will host a series of informal conversations across the 23rd Legislative District next week.
Rolfes, a Bainbridge Island Democrat and 23rd District lawmaker, is inviting community members to join her for an informal talk as she prepares for the 2020 Legislative Session in Olympia.
Organizers say the events will give constituents a chance to comment or ask questions about legislation that affects communities in Kitsap County.
The events are scheduled for:
• 6 to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 2 at the Kingston Village Green Community Center, 26159 Dulay Road NE;
• 3:30 to 5 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 4 at the Bainbridge Island Senior Center, 370 Brien Drive SE;
• 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5 at the Filipino American Community Center, 1240 Sheridan Road, Bremerton;
• 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 7 at the drop-in session with Poulsbo Becky Mayor Erickson, Poulsbo City Hall, 200 Moe St. NE; and
• 9:30 to 11 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9 at the Keyport Mercantile & Diner, 15499 Washington Ave. NE, Keyport.
Rolfes has represented the 23rd District since 2006 and chairs the Senate Ways & Means Committee, which is responsible for leading the development of the state’s operating budget. She is also intensely involved in the areas of education funding and reform, small businesses, ferries, military families and veterans, and the environment.