Remind PSE of the importance of clean energy | Letter to the editor

To the editor:

Thank you 23rd Legislative District!

We are so fortunate, in Kitsap County, to have Senator Christine Rolfes who co-sponsored the governor’s 100 percent clean bill and sponsored the majority of orca bills that were recently signed into law. And, I’m so grateful to Representatives Drew Hansen and Sherry Appleton for voting yes on the 100 percent clean energy bill. Thank you for listening to our concerns about global warming and acting on our behalf.

The main provisions of the bill are:

• No coal-generated electricity in Washington state after 2025;

• 80 percent clean energy by 2030, with the remaining 20 percent offset with clean energy;

• 100 percent clean energy throughout Washington state by 2045; and

• Social cost of carbon must be added into all capital projects and planning. This levels the playing field for renewable energy projects.

Gov. Inslee’s 100 percent clean energy bill is being described as landmark legislation — the strongest in the nation.

Is it time to rest on our laurels? Unfortunately no. Our utilities need to hear from us.

On May 22, PSE is holding a listening session at the Bellevue Hilton, 300 112th Ave. SE in Bellevue. There will be a rally at 4 p.m. Then at 4:30 p.m. you’ll have an opportunity to let PSE VP David Mills know how important their compliance to the new 100 percent clean energy law is to you.

Washington is leading on climate. Let’s help our utilities stay on track and set an example for the world.

JANE LINDLEY

Bainbridge Island

More in Letters to the Editor

Vote to protect the character of the island | Letter to the editor

To the editor: I am deeply concerned about the proposed Suzuki development… Continue reading

Wildsmith brings new perspective to council | Letter to the editor

To the editor: We are writing in support of candidate Grayson Wildsmith… Continue reading

Comp plan preserves our island’s character | Letter to the editor

To the editor: A recent letter in this paper, by sitting Councilman… Continue reading

Wildsmith offers a fresh perspective | Letter to the editor

To the editor: My wife and I strongly support the candidacy of… Continue reading

Oddo wants to serve our island community | Letter to the editor

To the editor: I am writing to support Anthony Oddo for the… Continue reading

Candidate ‘gets it’ on environmental issues | Letter to the editor

To the editor: I strongly support Kirsten Hytopolous in her efforts to… Continue reading

Ewing is passionate and highly qualified | Letter to the editor

To the editor: We are writing to endorse the candidacy of Andrew… Continue reading

Let’s vote for facts, feasibility on council | Letter to the editor

To the editor: Anthony Oddo for the at-large seat on Bainbridge Island… Continue reading

Candidate embodies civility and respect | Letter to the editor

To the editor: We have an opportunity to seat an extraordinary young… Continue reading

Most Read