Re-elect Rob Gelder
To the editor:
Kitsap County Commissioner Rob Gelder has worked tirelessly to improve the quality of life for all of us:
• Rob led efforts to ensure responsible budgeting to support county services while maintaining solid reserves to weather economic volatility.
• Rob helped secure over $2.1 million to design and begin implementation of a long-term solution to ferry gridlock in Kingston.
• Rob voted to pass the 1/10 of 1 percent sales and use tax for mental health and substance abuse (approximately $5 million per year) to address the continuum of need.
• Rob led efforts to remove barriers to development in Kingston, including creation of a future regional stormwater facility.
• Rob chaired the SR 305 Working Group that stewarded the Connecting Washington funding for safety and congestion improvements along the Poulsbo-Winslow corridor.
• Rob knows how to partner with our community and all levels of government to get things done. Rob has built constructive relationships by participating in community meetings and events, such as Kingston Citizens Advisory Council meetings or Chief Seattle memorials, serving on the state Association of Counties, or swearing in school board members.
His experience and dedication is invaluable so please vote for Rob.