Applications are now being accepted by the Bainbridge Island School District for eligible students who need financial assistance for free and reduced-priced meals through the National School Lunch Program.
Officials note applications are confidential and easy to complete.
How to apply:
• Parents and guardians whose household income falls within the guidelines should fill out the 2018-19 form available at any front office of Bainbridge schools, or download the form from the Bainbridge Island School District website at www.bisd303.org/cms/lib/WA01001636/Centricity/Domain/60/FreeandReducedPriceApplication-v1.pdf.
• Applications are accepted any time of the year, as needs arise.
• A new application must be filled out every school year.
• Only one application per household is needed. Guardians with foster children may now include their foster children with the rest of their household.
• Return the completed application to any school or mail it to Bainbridge Island School District, Food & Nutrition Services, 8489 Madison Ave. NE,Bainbridge Island, WA 98110.
Applications will be reviewed as quickly as possible and a notification letter will be sent home stating the results of the determination. Those who qualify for free and reduced lunch may also receive additional benefits such as reduced class/athletic fees and reduced PSAT and SAT testing.
For more information, contact the BISD Food and Nutrition Services Department at 206-780-1844.