- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Extra traffic expected for Memorial Day weekend ferry runs
Washington State Ferries expects at least two to three hours of waiting time for travelers heading west for Memorial Day weekend festivities.
WSF personnel suggest travelers stay away from peak times to exacerbate the already growing lines.
The longest waiting times are expected to occur on Thursday afternoon and Friday heading west, and Monday afternoon and evening for those heading east.
Several runs will be impacted by the holiday weekend, they are as follows:
Anacortes/San Juan Islands
• On May 28, WSF will provide an extra sailing from Anacortes to Orcas Island at 2:05 p.m.
• On May 31, the 2:20 p.m. sailing from Friday Harbor will go directly to Anacortes instead of making its usual island stops.
• On May 31, WSF will also provide an extra sailing from Orcas Island to Anacortes at 3:20 p.m.
• The route will run on a Saturday schedule May 31.
• This route will be on a holiday (Sunday) schedule May 31.
• This route will be on a holiday (weekend) schedule May 31.