News

Faulty furnace prompts visit from Bainbridge fire department

The Bainbridge Island Fire Department was called to a home near Koura Road Tuesday afternoon on a report of a structural fire.

The homeowner told fire crews she smelled burning and saw smoke filtering through the house.

Police and fire units arrived at the house around 2 p.m. Tuesday and found a furnace to be the cause.

"The furnace was pushing a little bit of smoke through the house," said Assistant Chief Jared Moravec.

No fire was detected and emergency responders left shortly afterward.

Community Events, April 2014

Add an Event
We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Apr 11 edition online now. Browse the archives.