Bainbridge council considers design contract for Eagle Harbor sewer mains

The Bainbridge Island City Council decided Wednesday to place a contract for the final designs of the Eagle Harbor sewer beach mains onto next week’s agenda.

If approved, the contract amounts to $412,150 for Carollo Engineers, Inc.

Carollo Engineers completed 30 percent of the design plans in mid-July. With the new contract award, the group will complete the remaining 70 percent of the design.

The final design will incorporate the replacement of three separate beach force mains along Eagle Harbor. These include the Highway 305 pump station, Wing Point, and the Wastewater Treatment Plant pump station force mains.

The contract will hire Carollo Engineers to also estimate construction costs, assist in selecting a contractor for the repairs, assess environmental regulations and give geotechnical support.

The council voted unanimously Wednesday to place the contract agreement with Carollo Engineers on the Sept. 25 agenda for approval.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates