News

Bainbridge council considers design contract for Eagle Harbor sewer mains

The Bainbridge Island City Council will consider a design contract this week for the Eagle Harbor sewer beach mains.

The contract is for Carollo Engineers, Inc. and would require the consultants to complete the final design for the sewer lines, estimate costs and give assistance in contracting the construction work.

Carollo Engineers completed 30 percent of the design plans in mid-July. If awarded a contract, the group would complete the remaining 70 percent of the design.

In the final design, Carollo Engineers will incorporate the replacement of three separate beach force mains along Eagle Harbor, as well as the Highway 305 Pump Station.

At Wednesday's meeting on Sept. 18, the council will vote whether to place a contract agreement with Carollo Engineers, Inc. on the Sept. 25 business meeting agenda for consent.

Discussion of the contract will be led by the city's Public Works Department during the staff intensive portion of Wednesday's agenda.

The city council meets at 7 p.m. every Wednesday in city hall.

Community Events, April 2014

Add an Event
We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Apr 18 edition online now. Browse the archives.