News

Safe and sound

"Cuddles gets a relieved hug from Anne Bastien, after being retrieved safe and sound by firefighter Adam Radford in a residential blaze on Moran Road Thursday morning. Bastien was alerted to the blaze - which firefighters attributed to a candle left burning on the floor near combustible materials - by the barking of her dog, which was also rescued unharmed. Officials put the damage at $20,000, mostly to personal effects; the building itself sustained little damage. "

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Nov 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates