News

Bainbridge firefighters respond to fire in Winslow area

Bainbridge Island firefighters responded to a fire at a residence on Eagle Place Saturday afternoon.

The blaze began as a grease fire in the kitchen of the home. Using a neighbor's extinguisher, residents were able to put out the fire before firefighters arrived on the scene.

"It was a close call," said Fire Marshal Luke Carpenter.

The occupant was treated for smoke inhalation while firefighters inspected the structure to verify that the blaze was completely out.

Damage to the home was primarily from smoke and is estimated at $10,000.

 

Community Events, April 2014

Add an Event
We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Apr 11 edition online now. Browse the archives.