- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
City budget proposes cutting 13.9 employees
Partly because of several assumptions that Bauer took in crafting her proposal, it is still about $1.2 million short of the reserve policy the council crafted a month ago.
Some of the major assumptions Bauer took in putting together her proposal included:
– Retention of the water utility;
– Issuance of a $6.9 bond to repay a $3 million interfund loan from the water utility and repaying a $1.9 million bond anticipation loan;
– Discontinuing the furlough program;
– Streets paying 30 percent of SSWM fee ratified;
– No material lawsuit settlements;
– Continued suspension of city funding to the Housing Trust Fund and One Percent Arts.
Amopng other issues, next meeting will involve options to address the gap between the proposal and the council’s reserve policy.