- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
- best match
- date modified
- Feb 20, 2010 at 10:00AM updated Feb 26, 2010 at 10:54AM
A year after coming in second as a freshman, Andrew McCarthy returned to the 3A state championship and captured the 500-yard freestyle title last Saturday.
- Feb 23, 2010 at 10:00PM updated Feb 26, 2010 at 10:52AM
- Feb 19, 2010 at 9:00AM updated Feb 26, 2010 at 10:48AM
The Spartans placed 10th in team competition at the 3A state championship Feb. 19.
- Feb 25, 2010 at 4:00PM updated Feb 26, 2010 at 10:20AM
The City Council entered Wednesday’s meeting prepared to take the next step in the search for a permanent city manager, but eventually pushed off the discussion, and potentially the start of the search. The council was scheduled to select interview candidates from four search firms, which would locate job candidates for the city. But several councilors wanted to put out a request for proposals, which would open up a more time-consuming process involving more recruiters.
- Feb 18, 2010 at 4:00PM updated Feb 25, 2010 at 8:37PM
- Feb 25, 2010 at 4:58PM
- Feb 23, 2010 at 3:00PM updated Feb 25, 2010 at 4:51PM
- Feb 22, 2010 at 4:00PM updated Feb 25, 2010 at 4:50PM
Ferry riders on the Seattle-Bainbridge route should expect delays Sunday morning due to heavy bicycle traffic from the Chilly Hilly Bicycle Classic. Vehicles will be loaded and off-loaded prior to bicycles on Seattle sailings at 7:55 a.m., 8:45 a.m., and 10:35 a.m. According to Washington State Ferries, more than 3,000 bicyclists attend the Chilly Hilly Bicycle classic annually.
- Feb 24, 2010 at 1:00PM updated Feb 25, 2010 at 4:49PM
- Feb 19, 2010 at 1:00AM updated Feb 25, 2010 at 4:48PM
Thursday's Island Gateway forum drew more than 100 passionate islanders eager to talk about, and debate what went right, or wrong, with the process. Speeches from citizens on both sides of the issue received loud applause, while others drew hissing from the crowd following their statements.
- Feb 24, 2010 at 9:00PM updated Feb 25, 2010 at 11:00AM
- Feb 19, 2010 at 4:00PM updated Feb 22, 2010 at 12:49PM
- Feb 18, 2010 at 5:00PM updated Feb 22, 2010 at 12:48PM
The passage of an open-water marina in Eagle Harbor last October seemingly ensured the demise of Bainbridge’s century-old liveaboard community, but now that fate isn’t so certain. Over the past month, representatives from the city, the liveaboard community, the state Department of Natural Resources and state elected officials have met several times to search for a solution that doesn’t lead to the expulsion of the liveaboards.
- Feb 19, 2010 at 12:00PM updated Feb 22, 2010 at 12:47PM
- Feb 22, 2010 at 10:34AM
Both Bainbridge teams begin District Tournament play and will compete in loser-out games this week.
- Feb 20, 2010 at 8:22PM
- Feb 19, 2010 at 12:00PM updated at 9:29PM
- Feb 19, 2010 at 2:00PM updated at 5:55PM
Bainbridge advanced to the 3A swim state championship in seven events at the King County Aquatic Center Friday.
- Feb 12, 2010 at 11:00AM updated Feb 19, 2010 at 3:29PM
- Feb 18, 2010 at 5:00PM updated Feb 19, 2010 at 3:22PM
So what’s so great about a neighborhood bookstore, especially one that doesn’t even sell a cup of coffee? That’s a question best answered, perhaps, by Mary Gleysteen, an employee for half of the 40 years Eagle Harbor Book Company has inhabited Winslow Way, “I’ve always thought of it as a refuge,” she said a few days before the Bainbridge institution will celebrate it’s 40th birthday on Sunday.
- Feb 19, 2010 at 12:57PM
- Feb 12, 2010 at 12:00PM updated Feb 19, 2010 at 12:52PM
Bloedel Reserve crew Don McKinney (left) and Joe Piecuch joined a dozen other people Thursday at the Bainbridge Island Jamanese American Exclusion Memorial at Pritchard Park. Landcape architect Johnpaul Jones, principal of Jones and Jones Architects, and Landscape Architects directed planting of native species such as sword fern, mahonia and salal, as well as the shore pine as was suggested by the late Junkoh Harui, founder of Bainbridge Gardens. “His spirit and his heart is here,” said Colleen Thorpe, landscape architect with Jones and Jones. Bloedel Reserve staff began at the south wall and volunteers worked to plant the wetland area.
- Feb 19, 2010 at 12:22PM
- Feb 19, 2010 at 11:41AM
- Feb 19, 2010 at 11:37AM
- best match
- date modified