- About Us
- posted Sep 10, 2010 at 11:17 PM— updated Sep 17, 2010 at 9:42 AM
The Bainbridge Island Spartans defeated the Kingston Buccaneers 34-31 in the second game of the preseason.
- posted Sep 30, 2010 at 4:54 PM
- posted Oct 8, 2010 at 9:55 AM— updated Oct 8, 2010 at 8:50 PM
- posted Oct 21, 2010 at 4:17 PM— updated Oct 25, 2010 at 9:13 AM
- posted Oct 27, 2010 at 10:44 AM— updated Nov 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM
Authorities say they were aware that the 43-year-old man who was fatally shot Tuesday night by a Bainbridge Island police officer had mental issues.
- posted Nov 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM
- posted Nov 11, 2010 at 3:24 PM— updated Nov 12, 2010 at 4:50 PM
Not wanting the Bainbridge Island Municipal Court to move to Poulsbo, islanders say they have found a way to upgrade the Rolling Bay facility without public funds and keep the local judicial branch of government on the island.
- posted Nov 19, 2010 at 4:33 PM
- posted Jan 31, 2011 at 1:12 PM— updated Feb 1, 2011 at 12:54 PM
A body found on a beach in Suquamish Saturday has been identified as a 42-year-old Bainbridge Island woman. Kitsap County Coroner Greg Sandstrom said Monday his office identified the body as Elizabeth Kaltreider. Her next of kin have been notified.
- posted Feb 3, 2011 at 3:19 PM— updated Feb 7, 2011 at 11:21 AM
- posted Feb 11, 2011 at 4:24 PM— updated Feb 14, 2011 at 9:38 AM
- posted Feb 14, 2011 at 5:45 PM— updated Feb 18, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Two Bainbridge Island Democrats, Clarence Moriwaki and Sam Granato, are among the five applicants seeking appointment to the Kitsap County Commissioner (District 1) position being vacated by Democrat Steve Bauer of Kingston in early March.
- posted Feb 19, 2011 at 2:22 PM
- posted Mar 18, 2011 at 10:56 AM— updated Mar 18, 2011 at 5:07 PM
Profits from Day 2 of the Tour of Architects, March 19-20, will be given to the American Red Cross for disaster relief in Japan. The Tour of Architects includes a tour of homes on Bainbridge Island March 19 (including the one above, by BC&J), and a screening of the film, “My Architect, A Son’s Journey,” by Nathaniel Kahn.
- posted Apr 7, 2011 at 3:57 PM— updated Apr 8, 2011 at 1:10 PM
- posted May 8, 2011 at 12:08 AM
- posted May 18, 2011 at 11:37 PM— updated Dec 19, 2011 at 9:52 AM
- posted May 25, 2011 at 12:38 PM— updated May 26, 2011 at 4:13 PM
State Rep. Christine Rolfes, a Bainbridge Island Democrat from the 23rd District, said Wednesday that she will seek an appointment to replace Sen. Phil Rockefeller, a fellow islander who has been appointed to the Northwest Power and Conservation Council by Gov. Chris Gregoire.
- posted May 28, 2011 at 10:44 PM— updated May 31, 2011 at 9:37 AM
For the first time since 2006, the Mercer Island boys lacrosse team reigns supreme in the state. The Islanders beat Bainbridge on Saturday evening 5-3 in the division I state championship.
- posted Jun 21, 2011 at 12:02 PM— updated Jun 21, 2011 at 6:22 PM
POULSBO — An osprey nest and an electrical malfunction ignited the cell phone tower fire that closed down State Route 305 for 12 hours Monday in the Lemolo area. Kitsap County Deputy Fire Marshal Tina Turner said an electrical malfunction at a lighted beacon on top of the 150-foot tower caught the bird's nest on fire before 4 a.m. Monday. Turner said the birds likely damaged the beacon or its 110-volt power wire while building their nest, contributing to the fire.
- posted Jun 24, 2011 at 9:31 AM
Bainbridge Police detectives have investigated the actions of a 29-year-old man who has made contact with more than 50 boys from 12 to 16 years old in Kitsap County – including four Sakai students – by claiming to know mutual friends through the social networking site Facebook.
- posted Jun 24, 2011 at 9:42 AM— updated Jun 24, 2011 at 1:59 PM
The husband and wife duo plan to ramp up production at their Miller Road factory to supply enough ice cream for 20 to 25 new locations. They’ve tackled the legal hurdles required for a franchise, and are now looking for investors ready to take their sweet treat to the rest of the continental U.S.
- posted Jun 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM— updated Jun 28, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Jay Inslee, Bainbridge resident and 1st Congressional District representative since 1999, will officially announce a 2012 bid for governor on Monday.
- posted Jun 28, 2011 at 6:14 PM— updated Jul 1, 2011 at 12:42 PM
A decision still has to be made, but don’t be surprised if third-term state Rep. Christine Rolfes becomes Sen. Rolfes later this summer.
- posted Jul 13, 2011 at 2:11 PM— updated Jul 14, 2011 at 9:40 AM
State Rep. Christine Rolfes, D-Bainbridge, is the No. 1 choice of Kitsap County Democratic Party precinct committee officers for appointment to the Senate seat vacated by Phil Rockefeller, who is now on the Northwest Power and Conservation Council. On the first ballot, Rolfes received 34 votes, county Planning Commissioner Jim Sommerhauser received six, and Poulsbo City Councilman Ed Stern received three.