- About Us
- posted Nov 10, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Bainbridge Island wants a city hall that works, and a city council that works together.
- posted Nov 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Air Force Airman Hilary C. Niblock has graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
- posted Nov 10, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Kids can stop by for special art projects on Messy Monday, Nov. 11, 18 and 25 at Kids Discovery Museum.
- posted Nov 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Ryan Holben has graduated with a doctorate in mathematics at the University of California Irvine.
- posted Nov 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM
The Bainbridge Island Garden Club will hold its next monthly meeting at 10 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11 at the First Baptist Church.
- posted Nov 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Mickey Keefe, a graduate of Bainbridge High, has been inducted as a new member into the National Society of Collegiate Scholars.
- posted Nov 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Bainbridge Performing Arts will host a special artist reception for Bill Woods on Veterans’ Day, Monday, Nov. 11.
- posted Nov 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Today's cartoon is by Bob Englehart, The Hartford Courant.
- posted Nov 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Have questions about your Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad, iPhone or Mac? Sign up for an hour with a computer trainer at the Bainbridge Public Library.
- posted Nov 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM
To the editor: I just want to give a big thank you to the Bainbridge Island Metropolitan Park & Recreation District for putting a much-needed stairway to the beach on Rockaway Beach Park.
- posted Nov 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM— updated Nov 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Neglected boats are a worsening state problem.
- posted Nov 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM
To the editor: It was very distressing to read that the school district was found guilty and assessed $300,000 because they weren’t concerned enough to help a student who was terrorized and bullied for months in the high school.
- posted Nov 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Today's cartoon is by David Fitzsimmons, The Arizona Star.
- posted Dec 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Today's cartoon is by Nate Beeler, The Columbus Dispatch.
- posted Dec 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM
The annual Blakely Children's Holiday Shop is now accepting donations.
- posted Dec 4, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Kids Discovery Museum presents Story Time at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, 19 and 26.
- posted Dec 4, 2013 at 9:38 AM
To the editor: In 2010, human rights lawyer, Nasrin Sotoudeh, first saw the walls of Tehran's notorious Evin prison, having been sentenced for "acting against national security" for her human rights work in Iran.
- posted Dec 4, 2013 at 9:52 AM
The Bainbridge Island Planning Commission will talk about the site plan for renovations to the Town & Country Market on Winslow Way at the commission's next meeting.
- posted Dec 4, 2013 at 9:51 AM
The city of Bainbridge Island has extended the deadline for project proposals that promote tourism on the island to Wednesday, Dec. 4.
- posted Dec 4, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Sara L. McCulloch, Bainbridge Island's pick for Municipal Court Judge, will be sworn in at this week's city council meeting.
- posted Nov 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM
He's been a good listener, connected with the community and very good at staying out of political drama.
- posted Dec 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM
The Bainbridge High varsity boys basketball team has closed its first two weeks of the season undefeated following a 79-45 win at home against North Kitsap High on Tuesday, Dec. 3.
- posted Nov 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Despite the tragic loss of life and the lasting effect it had on our nation's international affairs, the Korean War is often referred to as "The Forgotten War."
- posted Nov 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Wade Francis Jackson and Alexandra Caldwell Evans were married July 25, 2013 in Winthrop.
- posted Nov 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
A true community event at the Filipino-American Community Hall, bringing together about 125 people from 90 different nonprofits.