- About Us
- posted Oct 13, 2013 at 10:43 AM
The Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce will host a candidate forum featuring Bainbridge city council candidates at the chamber’s October breakfast later this month.
- posted Oct 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM
What will this next election be about? Ballots for November’s General Election will start arriving in Bainbridge Island mailboxes at the end of next week.
- posted Oct 13, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Bainbridge parks officials will consider a moratorium on clam digging at Fay Bainbridge Park at their meeting next week.
- posted Oct 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Selected reports from the Bainbridge Island Police Department blotter:
- posted Oct 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM— updated Oct 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Dave Low, a former Bainbridge High boys lacrosse coach and longtime board member of the Washington State Chapter of US Lacrosse, was inducted into the Washington State Lacrosse Hall of Fame in ceremonies Saturday at Kirkland’s Heathman Hotel.
- posted Oct 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Bainbridge Island has a pair of new table tennis champions.
- posted Oct 14, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Members of the Kitsap County Bar Association have weighed in on the candidates for the next Bainbridge Island Municipal Court judge, and a poll released by the association shows that Steve Olsen was viewed as the first choice and the most qualified for the position.
- posted Oct 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Students at Captain Charles Wilkes Elementary had an unscheduled fire drill Monday morning after a fire alarm went off just before the 7:50 a.m. bell.
- posted Oct 14, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Today's cartoon is by John Darkow, Columbia Daily Tribune, Missouri.
- posted Oct 14, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Tuesday Tunes returns to Kids Discovery Museum on Tuesdays, Oct. 15, 22 and 29.
- posted Oct 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Cub Scout Pack 4545, sponsored by William Renton Lodge No. 29, will be having a free pumpkin carving event later this month at the Bainbridge Island Masonic Center.
- posted Oct 14, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Journey of Trust enters its fourth year of offerings with its fall series, through Oct. 28 on Bainbridge Island.
- posted Oct 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Toddler Storytime is back at the Bainbridge Public Library at 10:30 a.m. Mondays, Oct. 14, 21 and 28.
- posted Oct 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM
To the editor: Much is at stake in this year’s election of three city council members.
- posted Oct 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM
The Bainbridge Island Garden Club will hold its next monthly meeting at 10 a.m. Monday, Oct. 14 at the First Baptist Church.
- posted Oct 14, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Selected reports from the Bainbridge Island Police Department blotter.
- posted Oct 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Artist Circle returns for the Teen Early Release Monday program on Oct. 14.
- posted Oct 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM— updated Oct 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM
The city of Bainbridge Island will close Sunrise Drive NE on Tuesday until further notice.
- posted Oct 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Today's cartoon is by Bill Day, Cagle Cartoons.
- posted Oct 15, 2013 at 10:15 AM
To the editor: A petulant island activist forms a political action committee (PAC) to support three city council candidates, then explicitly tells PAC contributors to be confidential in their donations and to lie about their occupations.
- posted Oct 15, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Baby Storytime returns to the Bainbridge Public Library at 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Oct. 15, 22 and 29.
- posted Oct 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Peninsula Community Health Services will be at the Bainbridge Public Library to answer questions about the new health care exchange and to walk individuals through the sign-up process from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Oct. 15, 22 and 29.
- posted Oct 15, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Idie Ulsh will present the lecture “Feathered Architects” at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17 at Bloedel Reserve.
- posted Oct 15, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Bainbridge Island author Lewis Mandell will talk about his popular new guide for financial balance, “What to do When I get Stupid?” at Eagle Harbor Books at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17.
- posted Oct 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM
The Bainbridge Public Library hosts the presentation “Circumnavigating the Olympic Peninsula by Rowboat” at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16 at the Bainbridge Public Library.