- About Us
- posted Oct 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM
A free session on downloading library materials will be held at the Bainbridge Public Library at 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12.
- posted Oct 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM
The Battle Point Astronomical Association presents the planetarium show “The Magnificent Seventeen” at 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12.
- posted Oct 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM
The Kitsap County Republican Party has offered up its two picks in the upcoming Bainbridge Island City Council races.
- posted Oct 11, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Kids Discovery Museum hosts Sensory Kids’ Night at the Museum (aka Parents’ Night Out) from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12.
- posted Oct 11, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Need a little PC FYI? Sign up for an hour with a computer trainer on Saturday, Oct. 12 at the Bainbridge Public Library and get your questions answered.
- posted Oct 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM— updated Oct 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Candidates for the Bainbridge Island City Council were faced with the heavy hitters — questions, that is — at the first candidate forum for the November elections.
- posted Oct 11, 2013 at 12:51 PM
WEST SEATTLE - The Bainbridge High School varsity boys golf team continued their undefeated season streak with a huge win against Cleveland High School at the par-37 West Seattle Golf Club on Monday, Oct. 7.
- posted Oct 11, 2013 at 10:36 PM
The Bainbridge High football team played their most competitive game of the season so far Friday, ultimately losing to the Seattle Prep Panthers at the Spartans' homecoming game with a final score of 42-21.
- posted Oct 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Friends of the Library will hold a book sale to benefit the library from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12 at the Bainbridge Public Library.
- posted Oct 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Overeaters Anonymous meets on Bainbridge at 9:15 a.m. Saturdays at Eagle Harbor Congregational Church and 5 p.m. Wednesdays at Bethany Lutheran Church.
- posted Oct 11, 2013 at 12:05 PM— updated Oct 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM
After an almost three-year-long debate, city staff called a meeting to decipher what questions and suggestions the public had toward redeveloping the Vincent Road property.
- posted Oct 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Bloedel Reserve will host a Spooky Creatures Walk from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26 at the reserve.
- posted Oct 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Today's cartoon is by Nate Beeler, The Columbus Dispatch.
- posted Oct 12, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Dig out those saddle shoes and white bucks: The Bainbridge Island Historical Museum is holding its second annual “Sock Hop” fundraiser featuring a great evening of music, dancing, and food.
- posted Oct 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM
The Spartan girls cross country team took first place overall in a meet against runners from Holy Names Academy and Nathan Hale Wednesday, Oct. 9, at Battle Point Park.
- posted Oct 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Renowned landscape artist Gayle Bard likes tricks. She loves optical illusions and her work features many surreal shifts in scale, media and subject matter.
- posted Oct 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Social media maven Trish Bittman will discuss the benefits of social media for writers at her seminar “A Writer’s Guide to Social Media: Building your brand an hour a day through social networking,” at the next Field’s End Writers’ Roundtable.
- posted Oct 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM
It was a great night of target practice for Bainbridge Spartan Natalie Vukic.
- posted Oct 12, 2013 at 11:17 AM
To the editor: I take Mr. Tripp at his word when he says that his selection of a King County Republican as treasurer of his PAC “had nothing to do with ideology.”
New name honors donor of property: Bainbridge city council renames Strawberry Plant Park after John Nelson
- posted Oct 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM— updated Oct 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM
The Bainbridge Island City Council decided Wednesday to approve the renaming of Strawberry Plant Park.
- posted Oct 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM— updated Oct 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Vandals found their way to the Bainbridge Island Historical Museum this past weekend. Rick Chandler, a volunteer at the museum, told Bainbridge Island police that sometime between Saturday, Oct. 5 and Monday, Oct. 7, someone removed their “Frogs Around Bainbridge” frog from its pedestal.
- posted Oct 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Today's cartoon is by Daryl Cagle, CagleCartoons.com.
- posted Oct 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM
To the editor: We’ve known and respected Arlene Buetow since 1997.
- posted Oct 13, 2013 at 10:36 AM
BHS sudents and faculty wearing the color orange for Unity Day pose on the stairs inside the main campus building Wednesday, Oct. 9.
- posted Oct 13, 2013 at 10:43 AM
The Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce will host a candidate forum featuring Bainbridge city council candidates at the chamber’s October breakfast later this month.