To the editor:
Eighteen years and counting these same traffic issues remain:
• Ninety percent of drivers don’t stop at the stop sign at N. Madison and Valley regardless of direction.
• Traveling north on N. Madison just before the church at Torvanger, that curve with a 15 mph sign, nobody slows down.
• Facing east coming down N. Madison to the light at 305, those in a hurry take a left at Moran thinking they make up time. Most take that curve to the left over the yellow line, inviting a head on.
• There should be a four-way stop sign at Valley and Sunrise. At present confusion rules.
• A deep nearly invisible pothole as you head north about 50 feet north of Day Road close to the yellow line on Sunrise (everyone hits it).
PS: All pales compared to the speed of vehicles on Sunrise, both ways. I have seen 70 mph. Going north on Sunrise right after Winthers starts the speed acceleration. Coming south, after one makes that big curve on the north end, watch out — vehicles are at the races!