To the editor:
There is no doubt in our minds that Wayne Roth deserves re-election to the city council’s Central Ward position he has occupied for nearly four years.
And here’s why. Governing a community like Bainbridge Island requires that our elected representatives demonstrate:
• The proverbial wisdom of Solomon and the patience of Job;
• The willingness to seek out and genuinely listen to what Islanders have to say;
• The awareness that reaching consensus is almost always the best way for a City Council to achieve its community’s goals;
• The ability to make informed and often difficult decisions on issues advocated by passionate Islanders; and
• The clear and tested understanding of the elements of good governance.
With good-spirited tenacity and calm competence, Wayne has repeatedly demonstrated that he has deep reservoirs of all of the above qualities. Furthermore, from a long career in public radio, Wayne brings the extensive managerial experience of his years behind the desk where the proverbial buck stopped.
Wayne Roth will get our votes again on Nov. 7. We invite you to give him yours, too.
ED AND KAREN KUSHNER
West Port Madison