Here’s what it would take for me to vote “yes” on a roads and trails levy:
1. Get rid of the silly acronyms.
2. Stand out in front of the supermarket and ask me what I need.
3. Use existing funds to show me that you can bring projects in on time and budget.
4. Get staff accountability on costs and prioritize a modest package of other projects you guaranty to deliver.
5. Come to me with information that will make me eager to vote yes. Don’t ask me to “inform myself” by finding my way to some obscure website.