- About Us
BCF appoints seven new board trustees
Bainbridge Community Foundation has appointed seven new trustees, which represents the largest influx of new members in the philanthropic organizaton’s nine-year history.
The new trustees are Len Beil, Anne Blair, Jola Greiner, Mark Lund, Larry Mills, Wendy O’Connor and Chris Snow. They join 10 other board members, replacing some founding board members who had reached their maximum term limits.
“The foundation is fortunate to have seven highly capable and community-oriented citizens joining the board,” said Paul Carroll, the board’s president.
Incoming trustees include several familiar faces in the community:
• Beil received the Bainbridge Island Kiwanis Citizen of the Year award in 2008 for being one of the community’s most active volunteers.
• Blair has more than 30 years of experience in non-profit management, including BIAHC and the Puget Sound Restoration Fund.
• Greiner has more than a decade of philanthropic involvement and grant-writing experience.
• Lund has served as a volunteer and board member for several island nonprofits, including One Call For All and Bainbridge Island Youth Soccer.
• Mills is rejoining the BCF board, after serving as a trustee from 2001-2008 and as president in 2006.
• O’Connor has served many local organizations, including BPA, IslandWood and Bainbridge Island Youth Soccer.
• Snow, a former City Council member (2006-09), has served on boards for BPA and Bainbridge Economic Council.
For more information, visit www.bainbridgecommunityfoundation.org or call 842-0433.