Police Blotter | Dec. 25

Bainbridge Police reported the following incidents:

Dec. 14

12:45 p.m. Bainbridge police responded to an assault between neighbors over a man-lift blocking the driveway. The officers spoke to a woman whose husband was working on the man-lift. He was cutting dead trees along the driveway, which gave access to five houses.

The woman said a lady in a red van honked loudly as she drove down the driveway. The woman told the driver it would be 15-20 minutes for her husband to move the man-lift so the van could pass. The man eventually moved the man-lift and the van left.

The driver of the van later returned and the man approached her vehicle. The driver grabbed the visor on his helmet and shook it. The driver then drove away.

When police arrived, the man said he wanted to press charges. The driver of the vehicle said the man was standing at her open driver’s side window, and she felt he was too close and she pushed him.

Dec. 15

5:25 p.m. A citizen called to report a couple fighting in the vehicle in front of him. An officer found the vehicle parked on Hidden Cove Road and a man leaning against the pickup. A woman was standing 30 yards away.

An officer approached the man and immediately smelled alcohol. The man slurred his speech had watery eyes and leaned against the vehicle for balance. The officer asked how much alcohol he had to drink that evening, but the man would not answer. The officer asked if the man was driving and how they ended up in the driveway. The man said he walked there. The officer asked where the man and had walked from and he said “from right here.”

The man refused voluntary field sobriety tests and the officer arrested him for driving under the influence.

The man said he wanted his identification card from his girlfriend, but she could not find it in her purse. She said it could be in the glove box of the truck. The man gave the officer permission to look for his identification in the truck. The officer did not find the identification in the glove box, but he did find three individual-sized plastic bottles of whiskey. One bottle was empty, one was half empty, and the other was full.

On the way to the jail, the man became verbally abusive and told the officer that he was lucky the officer took him in without a fight and that he was a twice-convicted felon.

Dec. 18

12:10 a.m. Officers received a call about physical domestic violence and violation of a no- contact order. One of the victims was asleep when the female suspect entered the house and began yelling for the dog. The man confronted her and reminded the suspect about the no-contact order.

The man said she spoke incoherently about someone she met earlier in the night at a bar. The man noticed cans of beer in her purse, and then took them from her. She became angry and began hitting and kicking him in an attempt to retrieve her beer. A person in the house called 911. The woman remained in the room.

When the police arrived the one of the victims said that the suspect had fled on foot out of the rear of the residence. The officers searched for the suspect. One of the officers reported that he found the suspect and that she was fighting with him. When another officer arrived, the suspect was on the ground with her hands behind her back. The officers detected alcohol on her breath. As they attempted to handcuff her, she tried to kick one of the officers. On the way to the patrol car, she bit another officer on the arm. She continued to kick and spit on the officer.

The woman was placed under arrest for violation of a no contact order, violation of a no contact order with an assault, assault 3 on a police officer, malicious mischief 1 and resisting arrest.

Dec 20

12:30 p.m. A woman returned to her Grow Ave. home at about 3 p.m. after work and found that someone had poured ketchup, mustard and flour on the front of her home. They also had egged the residence. The woman said she had left the home at 6 p.m. the previous day.

The front bathroom window as cracked, and she said she was unsure if there would be other damage after she cleaned the materials.

The officer asked if she had any disputes with anyone and she said she did not. The only thing she could think of was a small dispute months ago with a friend of someone she was dating but did not think the incident was related.

The woman had teenage children who were visiting their father that weekend. To her knowledge, they were not involved in any disputes.

The officer called Safeway and spoke with the manager and asked him to check if any of the employees remember juveniles buying ketchup, mustard, flour and eggs.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates