Bainbridge Police Blotter | Oct. 30

Bainbridge Police reported the following incidents:

Oct. 18

12:46 p.m. A married couple reported that a man, the woman’s ex-husband, had broken a protective order. The family received a message in which the man said he used to love them, but their daughter made things difficult. The man said he wanted to see his son who lives with the wife off and on. The man now lives in California but would come back to Washington to see his son.

When police contacted the man, he assumed the order against him was temporary and had expired. The officer advised him that it was permanent and that he was not to call the family again.

Oct. 20

1:05 p.m. An island resident reported a possible identity theft scheme. The man has cared for the finances of his father, who has Alzheimer’s Disease, for the last three years. The man received a call from Citi Financial regarding an outstanding debt of $4,700. The collector asked for the man’s father’s social security and a credit card number.

The resident decided to call Citi Financial to see if the calls were legitimate. An employee of Citi indicated that the number was a debt recovery service number. The employee said payments of $150 had been made until June, but the resident indicated that he had never seen this bill during the three years he’s managed his father’s finances. The resident said he trusted the Citi employee and called the debt service number and applied his social security number, a piece of information he was told to give to the debt service group.

He called and left a message for the debt service representative. The resident said he hasn’t received a reply and is afraid he put himself at risk for identity theft. The resident has been checking his and father’s accounts constantly, and he said nothing has come up yet.

Oct. 21

1:05 a.m. An officer monitoring traffic on SR-305 between Agate Pass Bridge and Agatewood Road clocked a driver doing 59 mph in a 45-mph zone. When pulled over, the driver said she didn’t know how fast she was going. She said she was tired and trying to get home to Bremerton. The driver admitted to having a suspended license. The driver was cited for driving with a suspended license and going 59 mph in a 45-mph zone. She was given a court date of Nov. 30.

12:45 p.m. A man reported his bicycle stolen from his covered driveway sometime between Oct. 16 and Oct. 21. He said he bought the bike for $650 a few years ago. He asked around the neighborhood to see if anyone knew anything about it, or had borrowed the bike. No one in the neighborhood had seen the bike. Police have no suspects.

Oct. 22

2:35 p.m. A woman reported being stalked and harassed by an ex-girlfriend. She first met the partner when she suffered a work injury and had to be cared for. The woman later asked the partner to move in with her.

The woman reported that the partner had anger issues, which frequently led to violence. The woman tried to leave the partner several times, and on her final attempt to end the relationship, the partner told her “you’re not leaving me this time.” The woman then got into her car and left. She said the partner got into a car and followed her.

She said she has been back to the home they shared several times to pick up some of her belongings. She said the couch had been urinated on, the dishes broken, and other items were missing.

Recently, she left a fire station and found someone following her in an SUV.

On Oct. 20, she received three text messages saying “you can pick it up.” Two more texts came in, so the woman decided to call the partner and ask what the messages meant. The partner didn’t answer, so the woman left a message telling her to leave her alone and stop bothering her. The woman continues to receive messages at odd hours and believes the partner is sending them. The case was referred to the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office.

Oct. 23

1 p.m. Officers reported to a call of a boat adrift in Port Madison that was being pushed by wind and tides toward Suquamish. Officers deployed the police marine unit and located the 29-foot boat. Officers noted that the vessel was in poor condition and in need of repair. With assistance from the Suquamish Tribal Research Boat, the officers towed the boat to the Suquamish public docks. Officers contacted the owner, who said he would make arrangements to move the vessel back to its moorage later in the day.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates