Saturday's Healthy Living Expo addresses 'Winter Blues'
January 28, 2011 · 2:38 PM
Now in its sixth year, the Healthy Living Expo will offer an interactive trade show with an emphasis on healthy living solutions this Saturday (Jan. 29) at Woodward Middle School.
This year's theme is "Beating the Winter Blues" and will feature presentations on vitamin D, seasonal affective disorder, menopause and multiple sclerosis. The event will also feature physical demonstrations, a bloodmobile, free health screenings and activities for the kids.
The lineup and topics include:
• Dr. Jonathon V. Wright, an expert in alternative medicine who will discuss staying healthy during the winter;
• Dr. Deanna Minich, a nutrition educator who will address "Food and Mood;"
• Dr. Narinder Duggal, medical director of Liberty Bay Internal Medicine, "Empowering Your Health Naturally;"
• Dr. Kim Leatham of Virginia Mason Winslow Clinic, "The Ups and Downs of Hormone Replacement Therapy;"
• Piper Paul, RN from Virginia Mason Winslow Clinic, "Coping With MS."
The Healthy Living Expo is produced by the Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce in partnership with sponsors Virginia Mason Clinic, Island Fitness, Zindell Acupuncture, Island Health & Rehab, Dr. Chris Grams Chiropractic, and Martha and Mary. Our media sponsors include the Bainbridge Review and Kitsap Sun.
Last year’s event drew nearly 1,000 attendees and featured more than 60 exhibitors from Bainbridge Island, Kitsap County, and the Olympic Peninsula.
The event will also offer a wide range of exhibitors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information, visit www.bainbridgechamber.com or call 842-3700.